The FY2019-21 Bravo Greater Des Moines Strategic Plan identifies the following goals:
- Invest Strategically in Arts, Culture, and Heritage
- Lead Advancement of Regional Cultural Priorities Beyond Grantmaking
- Ensure Bravo has the People, Structure and Systems to Support Success
Please click here for a printer-friendly version of the Strategic Plan.
Economic Impact Studies
Bravo Greater Des Moines has a history of quantifying the economic impact of the arts in Central Iowa. Most recently, Bravo and more than 65 non-profit arts, culture and heritage organizations participated in Americans for the Arts Arts and Economic Prosperity 5 on behalf of Central Iowa.
High level data shows that the arts are more than a "nice to have" amenity in Central Iowa - they are a formidable industry of significant impact on the regional economy:
- $185 million in spending
- $71.9 million by the organizations
- $113.1 million by audiences
- 5,677 full-time equivalent jobs employed by the sector
- $16.8 million in government revenue
- $7.46 million – local
- $9.31 million – state
Americans for the Arts released the national results of the study on Saturday, June 17. Read those results here.
Regional Cultural Assessment
The Regional Cultural Assessment is an initiative led by Drake University President Earl “Marty” Martin and supported by Bravo. The Assessment evaluated existing community planning initiatives, city master plans and incorporate community input to identify the gaps and needs of the Greater Des Moines region’s cultural community.
For more information on the results of the Regional Cultural Assessment, please click here.