BRAVO GREATER DES MOINES IS HIRING!
Title: Communications and Engagement Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Communications and Engagement Manager will be responsible for development and implementation of opportunities to engage community and cultural partners in advancing regional cultural priorities. Through events, education and training programs and community collaborations, this individual will be responsible for building networks and strengthening Bravo’s impact beyond community investment. This individual will also lead Bravo’s efforts to promote and communicate the value of the cultural community and Bravo’s direct impact on enhancing opportunities for the cultural community to thrive. Working closely with the Executive Director, this person will provide essential support as Bravo defines our position as a leader in enhancing the role of arts and culture as a key driver of quality of life and economic development in the region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Develop, implement and lead community engagement initiatives including, but not limited to, special events, training and education programs and community collaborations that advance regional cultural priorities.
- Develop relationships with Bravo’s stakeholders and networks to secure input in identifying opportunities for innovation, collaboration, partnership, professional development and networking.
- Identify, secure and coordinate with local, regional and national subject matter experts to ensure that community engagement efforts are of the highest quality and advancing best practices and relevant trends in arts, culture and heritage.
- Develop and manage budget for community engagement efforts.
- Define and track metrics on impact of community engagement efforts.
- Plan, direct and execute communications to highlight programs, accomplishments and events.
- Maintain and improve Bravo’s website and social media content to ensure freshness and accuracy.
- Consider development of new vehicles to engage, connect, and support segments of the community who intersect with Bravo.
- Develop, curate and maintain strategic communications calendar for Bravo.
- Work with key partners including designers and creative agencies to ensure they understand Bravo and support our priorities.
- Design and deliver presentations to boards, agencies, professional associations and community groups, as needed.
- Provide staff support for Cultural Capital work within Capital Crossroads initiative.
- Support event manager for the annual Bravo Gala to ensure event and organizational priorities are met.
- Support special projects or initiatives that enhance Bravo’s strategic goals and objectives and enhance the cultural community in central Iowa.
- Conduct research and analysis of interest areas, as directed.
- Represent Bravo during community projects and at public, social, and business gatherings, as directed by the Executive Director.
- Perform other duties, participate in special projects and Bravo initiatives as needed, including attending exhibits, events, performances and programs by Bravo cultural partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent analytical and organizational skills; mature judgment and critical thinking ability; innovative problem solver; proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handle numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a small team environment.
Adaptable attitude, self-starter, creative, requires little regular supervision. Comfortable with frequently evolving direction and priorities.
Ability to develop and manage budgets.
Excellent writing, proofreading and communications skills. Strong computer, database management and internet research skills. Must be able to identify opportunities and bring vision to reality.
Experience supporting online communities and demonstrated success in driving and implementing successful social media campaigns. Creative thinker with capacity to analyze current successes and identify opportunities for improvement.
High integrity; Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interface well with a variety of people and effectively present information to a variety of stakeholders.
Highly dependable with initiative to take independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; goal oriented; Follows through on commitments. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Must be able to attend Board meetings and other pre-arranged meetings or events during early mornings/late afternoons. Occasional evening and weekend work is expected. Some U.S. travel to professional conferences and events will be required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and two to five years related communications, event planning and/or community engagement experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior program/project management experience desired. Knowledge of the regional nonprofit arts and cultural sector and existing community initiatives strongly preferred; commitment to enhancing quality of life in central Iowa is critical.
Must have demonstrated ability to handle wide-range of tasks and proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, professional environment with limited supervision.
Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms; proficiency with Photoshop preferred. Experience with website content management essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand, sometimes for prolonged periods. The position requires extensive use of hands, fingers and arms in operations requiring constant handling of paper documents, computing and entering data using a keyboard and telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must have the ability to hear normal verbal conversation and to speak and read the English language clearly and concisely. May occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Bravo Greater Des Moines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF that includes a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Bravo – Communications and Engagement Manager” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted through February 11, 2020, or until a suitable candidate is found.