BRAVO GREATER DES MOINES IS HIRING
For more information and how to apply for the Community Investment Specialist, please see below.
Position Title: Community Investment Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Investment Specialist will primarily be responsible for planning, design and implementation of Bravo’s grantmaking programs. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Community Investment Committee of the Board and Bravo-funded organizations, the Community Investment Specialist will play a key role in enhancing Bravo’s core function as a grantmaker to ensure investments in arts, culture and heritage are made strategically and in alignment with regional cultural priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage current community investment programs, including the Cultural Enrichment Grant, Local Arts Program Grant and Capital Campaign and Project Grant.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current community investment programs and regularly consider enhancements, opportunities and gaps that can be addressed to increase Bravo’s impact.
- Research, develop and implement new community investment programs that meet community needs and strengthen Bravo’s role as a leader in arts funding.
- Establish metrics for evaluating community investment programs and outcomes to ensure effective reporting to Bravo’s donors.
- Develop necessary grant materials, including guidelines, applications, press releases, reports, review materials, web copy, etc.
- Provide information about Bravo’s community investment process and priorities to potential grantseekers, providing technical assistance as needed.
- Implement efficient application and review processes.
- Monitor the performance of active grants through site visits, review of grantee reports, and evaluation of grant outcomes and relay information to the Executive Director and/or Community Investment Committee as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain Bravo community investment calendar, process documentation and annual workplan for grantmaking functions.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain regular dialogue with cultural and community partners to inform Bravo’s community investment function.
- Lead Bravo’s Board Community Investment Committee through discussions and recommendations about current community investment programs, gaps and opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to keep the Bravo Board and other key stakeholders informed about Bravo’s cultural partners and their contributions to the region.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities to enhance Bravo’s awareness of community investment best practices.
- Attend regular Board and Executive Committee meetings.
- Support special projects or initiatives that enhance Bravo’s strategic goals and objectives and enhance the cultural community in Greater Des Moines.
- Regularly represent Bravo at social and business gatherings and by attending exhibits, events, performances and programs by Bravo cultural partners.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, community partners and others, on matters related to Bravo’s initiatives.
- Conduct research and analysis of relevant areas, as directed.
- Perform other duties, participate in special projects and Bravo initiatives as needed.
Excellent analytical and organizational skills; mature judgment and critical thinking ability; innovative problem solver; strong attention to detail; proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handle numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a small team environment.
Adaptable attitude, self-starter, requires little regular supervision. Must be comfortable with frequently evolving direction and priorities.
Highly dependable with initiative to take independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; goal oriented; follows through on commitments. Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Ability to carry out as well as develop instructions.
High integrity; Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interface well with a variety of people and effectively present information to a variety of stakeholders. Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust. Must be a conscientious listener.
Excellent writing, proofreading, public speaking and communication skills. Advanced presentation skills with the ability to lead meetings, discussions and direct them to a reasonable conclusion.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed in order to attend exhibits, events, performances and programs by Bravo grantees and represent Bravo at public, social, and business gatherings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior program/project management experience desired; grant management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit arts and cultural sector and existing community initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing quality of life in central Iowa, especially through arts, culture and heritage strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required. Ability to master and utilize database and tracking systems for tracking grant processes, results and outcomes required.
- Understanding of relational databases and/or database management experience highly desirable. Bravo currently uses FluidReview and SalesForce.
Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Paula Meck at Paula.Meck@aureon.com with “Bravo – Community Investment Specialist” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted through August 17, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is found. Anticipated start date is October 1, 2018.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Bravo Greater Des Moines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state regulations, Bravo Greater Des Moines will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Bravo Greater Des Moines.