BRAVO GREATER DES MOINES IS HIRING!
Title: Community Investment Specialist
Reports To: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Community Investment Specialist will be responsible for planning, design and implementation of Bravo’s grantmaking programs. This person will work closely with the Bravo staff (Executive Director and Operations & Project Support Specialist), the Community Investment Committee of the Board and Bravo-funded organizations to enhance Bravo’s core function as a grantmaker to ensure investments in arts, culture and heritage are made strategically and in alignment with regional cultural priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage current community investment strategies, including operating, capital, public art and project grant programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current community investment programs and regularly consider enhancements, opportunities and gaps.
- Research, develop and implement new community investment programs that meet community needs and strengthen Bravo’s role as a leader in arts funding.
- Establish metrics for evaluating community investment programs and outcomes.
- Support implementation of efficient application and review processes, including developing necessary grant materials, including guidelines, applications, reports, review materials, web copy, etc.
- Provide information about Bravo’s community investment process and priorities to potential grantseekers, providing technical assistance as needed.
- Provide responsive and proactive support to the cultural sector (staff and board members) through individualized conversations and meetings.
- Monitor the performance of active grants through site visits, review of grantee reports, and evaluation of grant outcomes and relay information to the Executive Director and/or Community Investment Committee as appropriate.
- Work with Operations & Project Support Specialist to develop and maintain Bravo community investment calendar, process documentation and annual workplan for grantmaking functions.
- Cultivate relationships and maintain regular dialogue with cultural and community partners to inform Bravo’s community investment function.
- Serve as staff lead for Bravo’s Community Investment Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities to enhance Bravo’s awareness of community investment best practices.
- Attend regular Board and Board Committee meetings.
- Support special projects or initiatives that enhance Bravo’s strategic goals and objectives and enhance the cultural community in Greater Des Moines.
- Regularly represent Bravo at social and business gatherings and by attending exhibits, events, performances and programs by Bravo cultural partners.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, community partners and others, on matters related to Bravo’s initiatives.
- Conduct research and analysis of relevant areas, as directed.
- Perform other duties, participate in special projects and Bravo initiatives as needed.
Excellent analytical and organizational skills; mature judgment and critical thinking ability; innovative problem solver; strong attention to detail; proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handle numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a small team environment.
Adaptable attitude, self-starter, requires little regular supervision. Must be comfortable with frequently evolving direction and priorities.
Highly dependable with initiative to take independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; goal oriented; follows through on commitments. Adapts strategy to changing conditions. Ability to carry out as well as develop instructions.
High integrity; Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interface well with a variety of people and effectively present information to a variety of stakeholders. Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust. Must be a conscientious listener.
Excellent writing, proofreading, public speaking and communication skills. Strong presentation skills with the ability to lead meetings, discussions and direct them to a reasonable conclusion.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed in order to attend exhibits, events, performances and programs by Bravo grantees and represent Bravo at public, social, and business gatherings. Job is primarily executed in person in an office environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior program/project management experience desired; grant management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit arts and cultural sector and existing community initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing quality of life in central Iowa, especially through arts, culture and heritage strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Understanding of relational databases and/or database management experience highly desirable. Bravo currently uses SurveyMonkey Apply, DataArts and SalesForce.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, salary requirements and names and contact information for three references to Operations@bravogreaterdesmoines.org with “Community Investment Specialist Applicant” in the subject line.
Bravo Greater Des Moines provides a comprehensive compensation package which includes annual salary and benefits. Salary range will be shared with candidates prior to the interview process, or upon inquiry. We encourage anyone considering the position to apply. Initial applications will be accepted through May 21, 2021 or until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is July 2021.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Bravo Greater Des Moines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state regulations, Bravo Greater Des Moines will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Bravo Greater Des Moines.