BRAVO GREATER DES MOINES IS HIRING!
Title: Operations & Project Support Specialist
FLSA Status: Full Time (32-40 hrs/week), Non-Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Operations & Project Support Specialist provides operational and administrative support to ensure Bravo’s overall success. This individual is responsible for building and maintaining systems and strategies so that Bravo operates effectively and efficiently, including administration of Bravo’s financial systems in partnership with the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines. Special projects and strategic initiatives that arise will also be coordinated and led by this individual. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Operations & Project Support Specialist plays an essential role in successful implementation of Bravo’s strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Operations and Administration (80%)
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, including scheduling and preparing materials for meetings, returning phone calls, preparing mailings, making meeting and special event arrangements, etc.
- Manage financial support services provided by the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines, including processing bills and invoices, tracking expenses to budget, monitoring hotel/motel tax revenues and payments, invoicing, grant payment processing, supporting the audit, etc.
- Assist with Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings including scheduling, agenda and meeting packet preparation, notes for follow-up and minutes; includes maintaining contact lists, confidentiality and conflict of interest statements, authorized signatures, etc.
- Ensure office function and efficiency, including preventive maintenance of IT equipment and initial troubleshooting for malfunctions and maintaining office supplies inventory.
- Maintain and enhance the Annual Operations Calendar and process documents for each essential function performed by Bravo (i.e., onboarding new Directors, compliance with open records requirements, processing 28E payments, etc.) and ensure procedures are followed.
- Maintain compliance with existing policies and procedures, including open records, document retention, employee handbook, 28E agreements, bylaws and Board policies.
- Provide coordination for all events hosted by Bravo, including contact information for guest lists, sending invitations and managing RSVPs, securing venue and hospitality, technology support, etc.
- Manage, maintain and serve as principal user for SurveyMonkeyApply, Bravo’s grantmaking software. Includes maintaining all grant records; programming applications, scorecards and reports; sending mailings; updating applicant records to ensure information is accurate and current; managing deadlines for reports; and ensuring required materials are submitted on time.
- Primary user for DropBox and SalesForce, Bravo’s database and CRM platforms; Regularly seek ways to enhance functionality of these resources, including training others as necessary.
- Secondary lead for the DataArts platform which supports Bravo’s grantmaking function.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with Board members, community partners and others, on matters related to Bravo’s initiatives.
Special Projects (20%)
- Support and lead special projects, events or initiatives that enhance Bravo’s strategic goals and objectives and enhance the cultural community in central Iowa which may include economic impact studies, research projects, Board appreciation events, Bravo Gala, etc.
- Maintain working knowledge of individual cultural partners receiving funds from Bravo to make community connections that strengthen the cultural landscape.
- Maintain and update information on Bravo website and social media channels as appropriate.
- Research, prioritize, and follow-up on areas of opportunity or issues and concerns. Able to recommend appropriate next steps, follow-up or response.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong judgment and critical thinking ability; proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handle numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a small team environment. Adaptable attitude, self-starter, requires little regular supervision. Comfortable with frequently evolving direction and priorities.
High integrity and dependability; ability to plan ahead and proactively manage timelines for self and others; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities to avoid pitfalls before they occur; Follows through on commitments. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong interpersonal skills, able to interface well with a variety of people and effectively present information to a variety of stakeholders.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out as well as develop instructions; excellent writing, proofreading and communication skills. Strong computer skills and ability to be highly proficient in all Bravo systems and databases, including DropBox, SalesForce and SurveyMonkeyApply.
Must be able to attend Board meetings and other pre-arranged meetings or events during early mornings/late afternoons.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and two to four years administrative or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior work in a non-profit environment is preferred. Must have demonstrated ability to handle wide-range of tasks as described and proven track record of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, professional environment.
Must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms; proficiency with databases and research tools preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Bravo Greater Des Moines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or applicable state regulations, Bravo Greater Des Moines will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with Bravo Greater Des Moines.
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, salary requirements and names and contact information for three references to Operations@bravogreaterdesmoines.org with “Operations & Project Support Specialist Applicant” in the subject line.
Bravo Greater Des Moines provides a comprehensive compensation package which includes annual salary and benefits. Salary range will be shared with candidates prior to the interview process, or upon inquiry. We encourage anyone considering the position to apply. Applications will be accepted through September 15, 2022 or until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is October 2022.